Friday 22 August 2014

'I'm gonna marry her anyway...'

Review: Alice's Adventure's in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll

Ok, so I have finally read Alice's Adventure's in Wonderland. It was weird, it was wacky, it was great. It was an extremely quick read (I did it in two days), and throughout I couldn't work out if I liked it. I enjoyed recognising hallmarks from the film, such as the Mad Hatter's tea party and the Queen's croquet match. It was imaginative in both the sense of the world building and the linguistic tricks, however...What was it about? I have absolutely no idea. 

Would I recommend? Yes, if you're looking for a weird and wonderful read. It's a classic, but it is a little mind-boggling. If it's been on your TBR I'd say read it, but otherwise, watching the film will probably do (shocker, I know). 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankyou for reading!