Tuesday 12 August 2014

'I got one less problem without ya...'

I often find it very tricky to get inspired; I can spend hours sat at my laptop, Word document open, word count still at zero. And of course those hours involve various forms of procrastination, from Youtube videos to reading anything I can get my hands on.But hopefully, that procrastinating time can sometimes be filled with books or films that actually inspire me to add to that word count, which I thought would share here today. 

Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell- because of all the fanfic references and because I really identify with Cath.
Woody Allen's Midnight in Paris- didn't I get you at the word Paris? This film is so aesthetically pleasing, and it always helps when the protagonist is a writer. 
The Book Thief by Markus Zusak- the beautiful writing and love of books that permeates this novel makes me want to write my own.
The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt- again, the writing is top notch and it's such an epic, there's something about this one that gets the creative juices going.
Paper Towns by John Green- another great read, and one that surprised me, as I didn't think I'd be that into it but Green just has a way of making the plot so interesting that I want to figure out how he does it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankyou for reading!