Friday 2 August 2013

'Now she's a somebody...'




 I think it's very rare to find a blog you love completely that has the perfect mix of fashion and beauty, with a healthy sprinkling of lifestyle thrown in. Next up in my interview series is a blog that achieves just that, The Beauty Mist...






















I love the design of your blog, it seems to relate very much to your title. What would you say is the theme of your blog?

I would say the main theme of my blog is fashion and beauty but I also love doing lifestyle posts as I find they always make a blog more personal. I definitely enjoy reading lifestyle posts the most!


What is behind the name of your blog, and what made you first start blogging?

The thought behind the name of my blog really isn’t very exciting. I knew I wanted my blog to be beauty and fashion based and to be completely honest I just liked the sound of it.

What is your favourite thing about the creation of a blog post?

My favourite thing has to be the photos, I love photography and despite not being very good at it, I could spend hours photographing objects and views!

What is the greatest benefit you have got from blogging?

I would definitely say the confidence it's given me and I love the sense of community surrounding blogging.

Where do you see yourself, and your blog, in five years?

To be honest I'm not sure I'll still be doing my blog in five years’ time. I don't think blogging will

ever become a full time job for me but I'll carry on as long as I'm still enjoying it.

Get to Know… The Beauty Mist

Favourite fashion magazine?
I love LOOK magazine, it’s the one magazine I can honestly say I've read for years.

Favourite magazine for beauty?
Probably would have to be TWO magazine by the Pixiwoo sisters.

Favourite fashion blog?
Hands down has to be Beautycrush.co.uk, I absolutely love Sammi's style.

Favourite beauty blog?
This is a hard one but I'd probably say whatihearttoday.com

Eye makeup or lip makeup: If you had to give one up for a year, which would you choose?
I would give up lip makeup, purely because I don't think I'd survive without mascara!

Heels or flats?
I love wearing heels but since I'm 5"10 I'd have to say flats.

High street or designer?
High street all the way!

Cat eye flicks or a smokey eye?
I do love a good smokey eye!

Red lipstick or a nude hue?
Definitely a red lipstick!

Fashion or beauty?
Probably the toughest question of all but I think fashion would always come out on top for me.

Check out Emily's blog here, and find her on Twitter here. All picture credits go to Emily. 

2 comments:

  1. Definitely something I like

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blogs so so much! Although your font is a little hard to read! Well for me anyway!

    if you bored sometime check this out http://emmalydia2126.blogspot.co.uk/

    I'd be really grateful!

    Emma xx

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for reading!