Wednesday 29 July 2015

August To-Be-Read

Whilst I'm on a hunt for a full-time job I'm also trying to read as many books as possible. This is because once I get the full-time job I know I'll have very little time to read. Here is a selection of the list of books I have to get to before I get there:

Go Set A Watchman, Harper Lee- I requested a copy from the library and to my shock, actually managed to get one really soon after publication. I'm looking forward to discovering it for myself after the mixture of hype and criticism.

Suite Francaise, Irene Nemirovsky- An epic home front war story I'm sure I'm going to love. I'm still trying to recapture the amazing-ness of Kristin Hannah's The Nightingale. 

Not that Kind of Girl, Lena Dunham- Another library borrow, one I don't think I'm going to be able to renew as it's so in demand. I've wanted to read this one for ages. If I love it, I might purchase a paperback copy.

Special Topics in Calamity Physics, Marisha Pessl- I recently devoured Night Film, a hefty thriller novel by the same author. This is her first novel, widely praised and heralded as similar to The Secret History, one of my favourites. Excited.

The Shadow of the Wind, Carlos Ruiz Zafon- I've heard so much hype for this one, I'm intrigued. I've been on the reserve list at the library for so long I'm not sure I even remember what it's about. But I'm looking forward to it anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankyou for reading!