Thursday 25 September 2014

'Pretending he's beside me...'

Books that I want to read before the end of the year that have been sitting on my shelf forever. 

1) A Song of Ice and Fire by George R.R Martin- I love the TV show and I have read the first book but it just didn't hook me so I didn't pick up the rest. But now all my friends seem to have read them and want to talk about them so I really do have to finish them; I'm hoping that once I start I'll be drawn in and will hurtle through the remaining six books. 

2) Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy- this is a classic that I've had on my shelves for years, after finding a free copy in a book recycling shop. It always looks a bit daunting on the shelf but it sounds like a beautiful story.

3) Love in the Time of Cholera by Gabriel Garcia Marquez- because I still haven't started my quest to read some Gabo.

4) The Scarlett Letter by Nathaniel Hawthorne- this is one I bought when I was still a teen and pretty much obsessed with the Pretty Little Liars books and wanted to read anything referenced in them, but I never actually got around to it. Another classic I'd like to read. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankyou for reading!